Date and Location of our next campout to be announced soon! To be added to our interest/waiting list, email email@example.com
Here is a sample of our program showing information from our last event. It was lots of fun!
May 31-June 2, 2013
San Diego Mountains
Join us for another fun family adventure connecting with nature. Friday afternoon we will set up camp, explore the area looking for wild edibles* & learning about the local animals. There will be a simple potluck for dinner Friday (bring something to share).
Saturday and Sunday will include identifying and eating wild edibles & medicinals, using fire making tools, exploring the land and practicing survival skills. Saturday evening we will share a potluck dinner. There will be storytelling for the little ones (and young at heart). Teens & adventurous parents will explore their nocturnal senses on a night hike without flashlights, guided by Earthroots Instructors.
This event is limited to 50 people (including children).
Cost per family to camp $175-$225 (sliding scale*)
Additional parking/access fees may be up to $15 – yet to be determined.
Register Via Mail:
Send check and one Enrollment Form per family and one Medical Release Form per person to
PO Box 504
Trabuco Canyon, CA 92678
Register Via Internet:
Send payment via Paypal to “firstname.lastname@example.org”
Scan and email Enrollment Form & Medical Release Forms to the same email.
Each family brings:
– their own camping gear
– warm clothing in layers
– flashlights, chairs
– snacks/lunch for Saturday & Sunday
– dinner for Friday and Saturday night potlucks
– serving utensils and plates/bowls for the family
Earthroots will provide:
– hands-on instruction by highly qualified, first aid certified Earthroots instructors on themes ranging from wild edible food preparation, wilderness awareness, tracking, survival skills and more for everyone in your family.
– 3 days at a beautiful group campsite
– materials for all activities
– simple whole grain breakfast with hot tea Saturday and Sunday mornings
– dish washing station for washing your cups, plates & utensils
*Sliding Scale offers families to pay the value they receive or can afford. Example: Families with 2 participants are welcome to pay $175, and larger families $225. If your family of any size values the program at the $225 level, we encourage you to pay full price to help offset the families unable to pay that amount.