Earthroots is seeking a native Spanish speaking educator who has a deep connection to wilderness, is comfortable teaching outdoors year-round and loves to garden with kids.
Earthroots’ Spanish Immersion in Nature program guides children ages 6-10 into deeper care for the earth through hands-on enrichment activities at our 39-acre farm and wilderness property. Activities will include hiking, cooking with freshly harvested ingredients, singing, tracking animals, journaling, exploring the creek, identifying native plants, making tools, building shelter, growing food organically and making art with what we find in nature – all in Spanish. Students will learn how our individual actions impact the world around us and deepen the path towards nature connection, Spanish fluency and cultural understanding.
This is a 9-month Spanish immersion program that runs September 11-June 5 (32 weeks). Located in Silverado, CA (Orange County), this program meets two days per week, Wednesday and Friday (flexible). Instruction, conversation and activities will be led in Spanish. This is a temporary position with the option to continue long term.
– Two years minimum experience teaching at a forest school as a lead instructor, or equivalent
– Comfortable teaching outdoors in all possible weather conditions
– Native Spanish speaker or equivalent fluency
– Current in CPR/First Aid
– Department of Justice Fingerprinting
– Valid Drivers License
– 20 hours participating in Earthroots classes as a volunteer or intern
– Working cell phone
– Personal computer with internet access
– Reliable Personal vehicle
– Staff Training with Earthroots Field School
– Joyful nature while outdoors
Preference will be given to applicants who have:
– Early Childhood Education or Waldorf background
– Experience with another organization that uses 8 Shields Institute or similar curriculum
– Knowledge of Southern California ecology
– Experience and training in the fields of Permaculture Design, Regenerative Agriculture, Water Harvesting, Coyote Mentoring, Wilderness Awareness, Survival Skills, School Gardening, Ecological Gardening, Garden to Table Cooking or equivalent.
– Wilderness First Aid, Wilderness First Responder or equivalent
– Music background
Applicants accepted who live in Orange County, CA or who are willing to relocate.
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Additional position openings can be found here.