“Earthroots Field School has introduced me to an AMAZING community of people in southern California. I am beyond grateful for the opportunity to learn and grow as a teacher with this school.” – Stacey Anderson, Instructor
Field Instructors 2021-2022
Earthroots Field School (Earthroots) mission is to cultivate a sense of care and connection between people and the natural world. We do this through outdoor classes and workshops on ecological gardening, nature awareness, ancestral skills and sustainable living skills for all ages.
Earthroots is hiring both lead and assistant instructors to begin working with us Summer and Fall 2021. These positions primarily work outdoors with children and one additional staff member. We welcome candidates who are passionate about caring for the earth, have a background in nature connection/outdoor education and have enthusiasm for learning and growing.
Earthroots is an equal opportunity employer and encourages BIPOC candidates, people identifying as LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities and people with working class backgrounds to apply.
*Must be available from August 2021 through May 2022. Additional hours may become available throughout the year. Our goal is to find a good fit so that employment will continue through the school year, summers and beyond.
Homeschool Field Program Assistant Instructor
Assistant Instructors will assist the Lead Instructor and support the class on the following goals:
- guide small groups of children ages 6-12 in weekly, exploration-based nature classes with a variety of hands-on activities: wilderness awareness, ancestral skills, cooking, gardening, animal tracking, journaling and crafts.
- be gifted in facilitating conflict resolution through group building.
- communicate via email, phone and in person with participants, their family members and staff.
- problem solve situations as they arise and collaborate with the Earthroots team to build healthy relationships within the community.
- work together with Earthroots administrators with clear communication and a strong work ethic
- support student and parent volunteers in developing their abilities to work with youth in nature
- represent Earthroots to build relationships with community liaisons, families and staff
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Fingerprinting upon request
- Valid Driver’s License
- 20 hours participating in Earthroots Field School classes as a volunteer or intern
- Working cell phone
- Personal computer with internet access
- Reliable Personal vehicle
- Staff Training with Earthroots Field School
– Job Opening Announced March 2021
– Shadowing & training opportunities during in person programs: ongoing
– Interviewing through April 2021
– Selection by May 1, 2021
Based on Experience, starting at $15 per hour
Volunteer positions also available.
To Apply: send resume and letter of interest to [email protected]
Click here for a printable version of the job description.