We are looking for enthusiastic, attentive Camp Instructors to lead, support, and motivate campers as they enjoy all that the Earth Skills camp has to offer. Camp Instructors will help plan events and lead group events, monitor campers and respond to incidents, such as behavioral problems or accidents, log events and maintain records relating to activities, and discuss camper participation and concerns with parents and other camp staff members. You should be positive, proactive, and caring while focusing on giving campers a fun, safe camp experience.
To succeed as a Camp Instructor, you should be upbeat, decisive, and responsible. You should also be organized and possess strong leadership skills.
Camp Counselor Responsibilities:
- Working with other camp staff members to plan and coordinate camp events.
- Leading and supporting campers as they participate in age-appropriate activities.
- Monitoring campers to ensure compliance with camp rules and prevent accidents.
- Cleaning, maintaining and ensuring proper use of camp facilities and equipment.
- Reporting and recording details of incidents, such as accidents or rule violations, to parents and camp staff.
- Memorizing all emergency procedures and enforcing camp rules.
- Participating in staff meetings.
Camp Counselor Requirements:
- High School Diploma, equivalent, or active enrollment in school.
- Experience working in camps, with children, or with specific activities may be preferred.
- First aid, CPR, and additional training may be required or beneficial.
- Physical ability to participate in activities, run, climb, swim, lift, or support the weight of children.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- High level of responsibility and accountability.
- Upbeat, engaging personality.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Must be available in the months of June and July.