What Earthroots is doing to reduce the risk of exposure and spread of COVID-19
The following precautions will be required for all in-person Earthroots programs until further notice. When participating in an Earthroots Program, you agree to follow the guidelines outlined herein:
- Temperatures will be taken of each staff member and participant as they enter the facilities/property. If the temperature of participants or staff is 100.4 or higher, they will be asked to leave.
- Staff and participants over 2 years old will wear a mask at all times (except when eating or drinking). Exemptions may be made for people with certain medical or psychological conditions. To be exempt from wearing a mask, an Authorized Healthcare Provider Request for Mask Exemption will need to be signed by your physician, please contact the office for more information.
- There will be no sharing of food, utensils, cups, phones, devices, tools, or craft materials.
- Earthroots will carefully wipe down all surfaces with soap and water, alcohol, or similar disinfectant after each class or after use by 10 persons, whichever is fewer. Participants may perform additional sanitation efforts at their discretion.
- Physical distance (6 feet apart) at all times as much as possible. If an instructor perceives a more immediate risk, or case of emergency, physical distancing may be breached.
Only registered participants (and if necessary, an adult chaperone per individual class policy) may come on-site at any given time.
Limit the number of people per group on-site at any given time to fewer than 20, including participants and staff.
Arrival/departure times will be scheduled 15 minutes apart or more if more than one group is on-site at any given time.
Group members may not switch groups back and forth during a program if more than one group is present.
Earthroots staff will instruct and remind students to refrain from touching each other or sharing items including food, tools, gloves, gardening materials, and craft supplies.
Earthroots will supply each site with ample soap, hand sanitizer, disposable paper towels, disposable tissues, trash receptacles at multiple locations. See Big Oak Canyon procedures below for additional information. Participants are asked to bring a bag for their own trash and take it with you when you leave an Earthroots program.
Big Oak Canyon Procedures
Earthroots asks that any visitors showing COVID-19 symptoms please refrain from entering our property Big Oak Canyon. Everything you touch at Big Oak Canyon is at your own risk, including the bathrooms and nearby sink. We cannot guarantee that items have been sanitized.
Big Oak Canyon Kitchen and Rope Swing will be off-limits during Earthroots Programs.
How to limit the spread of COVID-19
Screen yourself for symptoms
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
COVID-19 can cause more severe respiratory illness. If you have any of the emergency warning signs listed below, you should contact your medical provider immediately:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Bluish lips or face
When to Stay Home
If you have any of the symptoms listed above in the 48 hours before an Earthroots program, you will not be able to participate in the program. Please contact us if you are not able to attend. If you test positive or have come into contact with someone who has Covid-19, you will need to refrain from attending an Earthroots program for 14 days or as directed by your doctor.
All staff will wear protective face masks at all times except when eating or drinking. If staff need to adjust their masks, they will walk further than 6’ away from the group, make necessary adjustments and then return closer with it on.
Face masks and children
It is likely that groups of children will have a harder time maintaining the required 6’ physical distance for the duration of the class. Therefore, we require everyone present to wear face masks unless in specific situations where maintaining 6’ distance can be assured.
Children younger than two years old must not wear a face covering because of the risk of suffocation.
The following individuals may be exempt from wearing a face covering:
• Persons younger than two years old. These very young children must not wear a face covering because of the risk of suffocation.
• Persons with a medical condition, mental health condition, or disability that prevents wearing a face covering. This includes persons with a medical condition for whom wearing a face covering could obstruct breathing or who are unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove a face covering without assistance.
• Persons who are hearing impaired, or communicating with a person who is hearing impaired, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
If you need to take your mask off during an Earthroots program, you should walk further than 6’ away from the group, make any necessary adjustments, and then return with your mask on.
Earthroots is working hard to ensure the safety of our staff and participants. Guidelines may change without notice.