Social Media Intern
Earthroots is a non-profit 501(c)3 education organization dedicated to cultivating a sense of care and connection between people and the natural world. We inspire life-long dedication to environmental stewardship & community through deep nature connection mentoring.
Earthroots is an equal opportunity employer and encourages BIPOC candidates, people identifying as LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities and people with working class backgrounds to apply.
The Social Media Manager Intern is responsible for planning, implementing, managing and monitoring our organization’s social media strategy in order to increase brand awareness, improve marketing efforts, and increase class and event enrollment. This position will be supported with the guidance and mentorship of an Earthroots staff member.
- Job Opening Announced March 12, 2023
- Accepting Applications through March 31, 2023
- Interviewing beginning of April 2023
- Selection by April 14, 2023
- This is a part-time, remote internship, up to 10 hours per week
- Social Media Manager Intern reports directly to the Operations Manager
With the guidance and mentorship of an Earthroots staff member, include but are not limited to:
- Oversee day-to-day management of campaigns and ensure brand consistency
- Strategy and content creation with an eye towards annual, monthly and weekly campaigns for all aspects of the organization including but not limited to fundraising, programs, classes, store, staff and Big Oak Canyon
- Create a monthly and annual social media calendar with a seasonal and school-year focus for content
- Post on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter 2-5 times each week – share about classes, community events, highlights at Big Oak Canyon, instructor highlights and more
- Engage with and expand our online community on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok and other social media outlets
- Monitor all aspects of social media interaction between customers and the organization, and ensure a positive customer service experience
- Reply to all messages received via social media outlets
- Send twice-a-month newsletters
- Assist with the development of marketing materials for all programs using Canva or similar
- Ensure brand consistency through color, font type, images, tone, voice and terminology
- Ensure progress on all platforms by using analytical tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook Insights, for example
- Provide bi-weekly insight reports for review
- Social Media collaborations, marketing and communication
- Develop relationships and share upcoming events with partner schools/orgs, Facebook groups, etc. for them to share on their social media or in their newsletters
- Conduct market research (webinars, workshops, website research etc.) to familiarize yourself with current trends, practices, and procedures for successful social media outreach and campaigns
- Meet with Operations Manager weekly to go over upcoming social media schedule and newsletter content
- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIn and other social media platforms
- Later – Social media scheduling tool
- Google Workspace – Gmail, Google Drive, Docs, Spreadsheets
We encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every one of the qualifications for the position.
- 2 years experience with social media content creation, management or training
- Currently enrolled in or recent graduate of a Marketing, Digital Media, or other related program
- Self-starter, ready to jump in and see tasks to completion
- Communicates effectively in written and oral form
- Community-minded, enjoys working as a team
- Creative vision and creative writing skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Background in ecology, education, and nature connection is preferred
- Photography and videography skills would benefit this position
- Knowing Earthroots’ unique niche in the community and being able to express it fluidly through imagery, language and brand are imperative for this position.
- $18/hr with a review after 90 days
- Up to 10 hours per week
Introduce yourself and let us know why you would like to work with Earthroots. Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.