SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER (up to 10 hours/week)
Earthroots is a non-profit 501(c)3 education organization dedicated to cultivating a sense of care and connection between people and the natural world. Earthroots inspires life-long dedication to environmental stewardship & community through deep nature connection mentoring.
Earthroots is an equal opportunity employer and encourages BIPOC candidates, people identifying as LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities and people with working class backgrounds to apply.
Are you looking for an opportunity to share your gift of tech literacy to promote nature connection? We hope you are inspired by what Earthroots does and are excited to contribute to our mission. Earthroots Field School is looking for candidates who do great work, and we know they may come from a number of different backgrounds and experiences. We encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every one of the qualifications for the position.
We are looking for an experienced social media manager who will help us with the online presence of Earthroots. Earthroots Social Media Manager is responsible for planning, implementing, managing and monitoring our organization’s social media strategy in order to increase brand awareness, improve marketing efforts, and increase class and event enrollment.
After several months of inner work, Earthroots is emerging this season with new programs and a new dedication to expanding our reach to a wider audience. The motto, “Nature is for Everyone” now leads our cause. The Social Media Manager holds an important role to meet that goal and will be promoting Earthroots digitally across social media platforms. Knowing Earthroots’ unique niche in the community and being able to express it fluidly through imagery, language and brand are imperative for this position.
- Job Opening Announced September 27, 2022
- Interviewing through October 14, 2022
- Selection by October 21, 2022
- This is a part-time, remote, contracted position, up to 10 hours per week
- Social Media Manager reports directly to the Operations Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Oversee day-to-day management of campaigns and ensure brand consistency
- Strategy and content creation with an eye towards annual, monthly and weekly campaigns for all aspects of the organization including but not limited to fundraising, programs, classes, store, staff and Big Oak Canyon
- Create a monthly and annual social media calendar with a seasonal and school-year focus for content
- Post on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter 2-3 times each week – share about classes, community events, highlights at Big Oak Canyon, instructor highlights and more
- Engage with and expand our online community on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media outlets
- Supervise all aspects of social media interaction between customers and the organization, and ensure a positive customer service experience
- Reply to all messages received via social media outlets.
- Send twice-a-month newsletters
- Assist with the development of marketing materials for all programs using Canva or similar
- Ensure brand consistency through color, font type, images, tone, voice and terminology
- Ensure progress on all platforms by using analytical tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook Insights, for example
- Social Media collaborations, marketing and communication
- Develop relationships and share upcoming events with partner schools/orgs, Facebook groups, etc. for them to share on their social media or in their newsletters
- Conduct market research (webinars, workshops, website research etc.) to familiarize yourself with current trends, practices, and procedures for successful social media outreach and campaigns
- Meet with Operations Manager weekly to go over upcoming social media schedule and newsletter content
- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and other social media platforms
- Later – Social media scheduling tool
- Google Workspace – Gmail, Google Drive, Docs, Spreadsheets
- 2 years experience with social media management
- Self-starter, ready to jump in and see tasks to completion
- Communicates effectively in written and oral form
- Community-minded, enjoys working as a team
- Creative vision and creative writing skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Background in ecology, education, and nature connection is preferred
- $17-20/hr depending on experience with a review after 90 days
- Up to 10 hours per week
Introduce yourself and let us know why you would like to work with Earthroots. Send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].