Are you looking for an opportunity to share your gift of digital literacy to promote nature connection? We hope you are inspired by what Earthroots does and are excited to contribute to our mission. Earthroots Field School is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Social Media Manager to help our creative team. You will be responsible for creating social media campaigns and coordinating across platforms. Your passion for social media as a communications tool will result in bringing nature connection to, and growing, the Earthroots community.
Earthroots is an equal opportunity employer and encourages BIPOC candidates, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities and working class individuals to apply.
POSITION SUMMARY- SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
At this time, we are seeking a Social Media Manager who will be creating the online presence of Earthroots across several platforms. After several months of inner work, Earthroots is emerging this season with new programs and a new dedication to expanding our reach to a wider audience. The motto, “Nature is for Everyone” now leads our cause.
The Social Media Manager holds an important role to meet that goal and will be promoting Earthroots digitally across social media platforms. Knowing Earthroots unique niche in the community and being able to express it fluidly through imagery, language and brand are imperative for this position. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager.
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and access are an important focus for Earthroots – and we are looking for people that can help bring those values to life through our online presence.
This is a part time position, working remotely.
Position Announcement March 2021
Interviews will go through April 2021
Selection will be made in May 2021
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS (include but are not limited to):
– Oversee day-to-day management of campaigns and ensure brand consistency.– Strategy and content creation with an eye towards annual, monthly and weekly campaigns for all aspects of the organization including but not limited to fundraising, programs, classes, store, staff and Big Oak Canyon. Work as a team to tie into all platforms (web, newsletter, social media, videos, etc).
– Engage with and expand our online community on Facebook, Instagram and other social media outlets
– Sending Monthly Newsletters, working with the Operations Manager for article topics
– Maintain the social media calendar at least 30 days in advance of posting dates.
– Post on Instagram and Facebook 2-3 times each week – share about classes, community events, highlights at Big Oak Canyon, instructor spotlights and more.
– Assist with the development of marketing materials for all programs using Canva or similar
– Ensure brand consistency through images, tone, voice and terminology
– Supervise all aspects of social media interaction between customers and the organization, and ensure a positive customer service experience
– Ensure progress on all platforms by using analytical tools such as Google Analytics
– Social Media collaborations, marketing and communication: Develop relationships and share upcoming events with partner schools/orgs, Facebook groups, etc. for them to share on their social media or in their newsletters
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
Google for Education Suite – Google Drive, Docs, Spreadsheets
Namaste Light (newsletter)
1 year of experience with Social Media/Website/IT management/Marketing or similar
Self-starter, ready to jump in and see tasks to completion
Communicates effectively in written and oral form
Community-minded, enjoys working as a team
Creative vision and creative writing skills
Excellent organization skills
Keen attention to detail
Background in ecology, education, and/or nature connection
10 hours per week
Introduce yourself and let us know why you would like to work with Earthroots. Send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Click the link below for a printable version of the job description.