Earthroots Field School (Earthroots) mission is to cultivate a sense of care and connection between people and the natural world. We do this through outdoor classes and workshops on ecological gardening, nature awareness, ancestral skills and sustainable living skills for all ages.
Earthroots is hiring substitute instructors to begin working with in the coming semester. These positions primarily work outdoors with children and one additional staff member. We welcome candidates who are passionate about caring for the earth, have a background in nature connection/outdoor education and have enthusiasm for learning and growing.
Earthroots is an equal opportunity employer and encourages BIPOC candidates, people identifying as LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities and people with working class backgrounds to apply.
We pair Substitute Instructors with a seasoned ER instructor, assisting that instructor throughout the class. We offer Earthroots programs Monday through Friday and on weekends. Please see the Classes and Events page for dates and times of programs.
Substitutes have the opportunity to work in various Earthroots classes before possibly being hired on as a regular instructor (if desired).
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Helping with set up clean up
- General assisting of students with various activities, games crafts, hikes
- Taking attendance
- General tasks and activities related to the specific class
- Supporting the other instructor in various roles
Once hired, Substitute Instructor will be required to:
- Obtain CPR/First Aid Certification
- Provide Valid driver’s license or state-issued ID
- Shadow an Earthroots class
- Have regular access to a working cell phone
- Have regular access to a computer with internet
- Have regular access to a reliable vehicle
- Attend staff training and monthly staff meetings
Earnings: Based on experience, starting at $18 per hour
Volunteer positions are also available.
To Apply: send resume and letter of interest to [email protected].