VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR (3-5 hours/week)
Earthroots is a non-profit 501(c)3 education organization dedicated to cultivating a sense of care and connection between people and the natural world. Earthroots inspires life-long dedication to environmental stewardship & community through deep nature connection mentoring.
Earthroots is an equal opportunity employer and encourages BIPOC candidates, people identifying as LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities and people with working class backgrounds to apply.
We are seeking a Volunteer Coordinator to develop and sustain relationships with individuals, corporations, and service groups who desire to give their time and energy in support of Earthroots mission. A working knowledge and experience of ecological land management is preferred along with a background in outreach and event coordination.
After several months of inner work, Earthroots is emerging this year with new programs and a new dedication to expanding our reach to a wider audience. The motto, “Nature is for Everyone” now leads our cause. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and access are an important focus for Earthroots – and we are looking for people that can help bring those values to life through our volunteer events.
The Volunteer Coordinator holds an important role to meet that goal and will be reaching out to new and existing groups in order to enable more people from diverse backgrounds the opportunity to connect with nature. Knowing Earthroots’ unique niche in the community and being able to express it fluidly through language and brand are imperative for this position.
- Job Opening Announced September 27, 2022
- Interviewing through October 14, 2022
- Selection by October 21, 2022
- This is a part-time, remote, contracted position, approximately 3-5 hours per week
- Volunteer Coordinator reports directly to the Operations Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate Volunteer Events
- Collaborate with Director of Shared Vision for all corporate volunteer events
- Collaborate with Website Manager to post scheduled Volunteer Days to Eventbrite
- Collaborate with Social Media Manager to share event photos
- Work with Volunteer Day Program Leader to ensure all materials, tools and equipment have been purchased
- Market volunteer events on established and new volunteer networks and platforms
- Communicate with volunteers prior to and after events via email or phone
- via welcome emails, participant waivers and post event surveys
- Update spreadsheet with volunteer registration and attendance information
- Check volunteer platforms for new volunteer sign-ups
- Collaborate with other Earthroots staff on any grants related to volunteer events
- Google Workspace – Gmail, Google Drive, Docs, Spreadsheets
- 1 year experience event coordination
- Self-starter, ready to jump in and see tasks to completion
- Communicates effectively in written and oral form
- Community-minded, enjoys working as a team
- Creative vision and creative writing skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Background in ecology, education, and nature connection is preferred
- $17-20/hr depending on experience with a review after 90 days
- Introduce yourself and let us know why you would like to work with Earthroots. Send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]